| Downloads |
Image CreditsPage 2
A still with Jane Greer from the fast-paced action adventure
THE BIG STEAL (1949).
A publicity still for MY FORBIDDEN PAST (1951)
with Ava Gardner.
- "I haven't felt better since I been off a horse." --as Bill Tabeshaw in
TILL THE END OF TIME (1946).
- "How big a chump can you get to be? I was finding out."
--as Jeff Bailey in OUT OF THE PAST.
- "I'm too young to die. How about you?" --as Dan Milner
in HIS KIND OF WOMAN (1951).
- "It's quite simple really. I'm just not very good at resisting
temptation." --as Charles Delacro in THE GRASS IS GREENER (1960).
proved himself in numerous film dramas and crime thrillers, Robert Mitchum also
made a few successful forays into the romantic comedy genre in the 1950s and
'60s, among them SHE COULDN'T SAY NO (1953) opposite
Jean Simmons and THE GRASS IS
GREENER (1960), a charming drawing-room comedy co-starring
Kerr and Cary Grant.
A poster from the Academy Award-winning, star-studded story
of the D-Day invasion of Normandy, Darryl
F. Zanuck's THE LONGEST DAY (1962). Mitchum played Brig.
Gen. Norman Cota in this Best Picture nominee which also featured John
Wayne, Henry Fonda, Roddy
McDowall, Richard Burton, Sean Connery,
Peter Lawford, Mel Ferrer, and Sal Mineo.
- Robert Mitchum: "baby, I don't care" by Lee Server (New York :
St. Martin's Press, 2001).
- Mitchum: in his own words: interviews with Robert Mitchum by
Charles Champlin ... [et al.]; edited by Jerry Roberts; foreword by Roger
Ebert (New York: Limelight Editions, 2000).
- The films of Robert Mitchum by Alvin H. Marill; foreword by
Deborah Kerr (Secaucus, NJ: Carol Pub. Group, 1995).
- Robert Mitchum: a bio-bibliography by Jerry Roberts (Westport,
Conn.: Greenwood Press, 1992).
- Them ornery Mitchum boys : the adventures of Robert and John Mitchum
by John Mitchum; edited and designed by John Stanley (Pacifica, CA: Creatures
At Large, c1989).
- Robert Mitchum by David Downing (London : W.H. Allen, c1985).
- Robert Mitchum: a biography by George Eells (New York : F.
- Robert Mitchum on the screen by Alvin H. Marill (South
Brunswick, NJ: A. S. Barnes, c1978).
- Robert Mitchum by John Belton; general editor, Ted Sennett (New
York: Pyramid Publications, 1976).
- The Robert Mitchum story: "It sure beats working" by Mike
Tomkies (London: W. H. Allen, 1972).
- Bad boys: the actors of film noir
by Karen Burroughs Hannsberry (Jefferson, N.C.: Farland, 2003).
- The Tough Guys by James Robert Parish (New Rochelle, N.Y.:
Arlington House Publishers, c1976).
More Mitchum related links:
Page 1 | Page 2